Interview Question Preparation
Always Be Ready for Interviews
Don’t get caught off guard during
If a company line manager is handling the interview, a formal interview question and answer model may not be followed. It’s still important to know your CV and the organisation.
Develop ready answers to the interview questions below:
- Why did you choose this particular role? Where do you want to go from here?
- Why would you like to work for our organisation?
- Where do you see yourself five years from now?
- What was your last compensation package?
- What style of management do you prefer?
- What interests you about our products and services?
- Can you get references from previous employers? What would they say about you?
- What have you learnt from former jobs? Which job did you most enjoy?
- Can you give me an example of initiative / teamwork / resourcefulness / creativity?
- Describe an area you would like to improve
- What traits do feel one must have to move ahead in a company?
- Are you willing to relocate?
- Specifically, what skills do you bring to this role?
While acknowledging areas of weakness may feel uncomfortable to many candidates during interviews, these answers can often be expressed in a positive way, and show the intent to improve:
Question: Can you tell me about a weakness?
Answer: I have tendency to throw myself into every project large and small. Some projects might be a bit less important or have a deadline farther out, so I’m working on improving my prioritising.